Sunday, January 29, 2012

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone: MOVIE/BOOK


Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone



Today here we'll have a review/comparison of the movie vs the book, hope you all enjoy this.


If you think that watching the movie it’s enough to understand this magical world then you’re wrong. I’ve watched the movie several years ago but every time I went to the cinema to watch the next one I was lost. Thumbs up to my great memory lol. -_-

The only way you can appreciate this creation is reading the books, that’s what I discovered after reading the first one last week. I was blown away with EVERYTHING!  It’s an amazingly well thought book. Every spell, name, location…. WAO. I felt like I was in Hogwarts.

It was AMAZING! There are no words that can express how wonderful it's this world, J.k. Rowling is a genius; her writing style is one of the best I’ve seen so far.

So here I’ll let you a summary about what is this book about:

Harry Potter has lived with his aunt and uncle, the Dursleys because his parents died when he was little. He sleeps in a closet; the Dursleys treat him more like an employee than part of the family.  But in Harry's eleventh birthday, things change when a letter arrives, inviting him to attend the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He couldn’t believe anything that was happening to him, when he arrives there his known by everyone, a bit uncomfortable at first but the story behind his fame is unknown until Hagrid, the gamekeeper of Hogwarts, tells him about his family’s background and the story behind the scar on his face.  The story focuses in Harry’s first year in Hogwarts, sort in Gryffindor, meeting his friends (Hermione and Ron) and all the mystery behind sorcerer’s stone.  


The book is engaging with its humor, plot twists and appealing characters.

If you haven’t read any book or  watched any Harry Potter movie please do! If you are a fan of fantasy and magic this book goes beyond. BTW, I recommend you to start with the books first!!!!

After reading the book and then watching the first movie (which I didn´t remember at all so it made the reading process more exciting) I’m really satisfied with the cast choices, especially  Snape's , Alan Rickman is an amazing actor :D The movie itself was close to the book's plot, obviously it has some changes and some parts that were omitted, which it's perfectly understandable because its really hard to portrait every single detail from a book to a movie. I know this was made a while ago but still has great special effects! 

The only part that needed to be better done in the movie was the quidditch game, when I was watching the movie I laughed a lot, but it is forgivableJ 

Thumbs up for the producers and to JK Rowling as well.

When you read the book you will understand why this series will never be forgotten.  The sorcerer’s stone is the beginning of an epic story. 


 Harry Potter and the Chamber of secrets its next, I’m beyond excited for getting deeper in this epic world.
5/5 STARS!

I’m going to finish  with this quote from Snape’s twitter account :D LOL

Epic tweet. It's so true..




No comments:

Post a Comment